Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Counting down 100 days until the start of my field placement

Hello everyone!

I will be leaving for my field placement on Wednesday, September 7th, which is 100 days from today (if you include the start & end dates). To celebrate this, each day I will be posting a new fact on Machu Picchu. The Los Angeles Times are celebrating 100 years since Machu Picchu's discovery by unveiling 100 facts about it, and I would love to share these interesting tidbits of information with you, so here goes!

Fact #1: At 496,218 square miles, Peru, in western South America, is the size of about three Californias. California, however, has about 8 million more residents than Peru.

I will still be writing longer posts each Thursday, but I thought this would keep you entertained as I count days the days to the start of my internship! Enjoy! :)

Sheila

p.s. Machu Picchu was actually discovered on July 24th, 1911 - but more to come on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment