Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dare to imagine more!

Hello again!

This week's post is again based on one of the new tourism adds for Peru. This one features a picture of Machu Picchu with the caption "Dare to imagine more!":


These words really resonate with me when I read them. "Dare to imagine more" translates to me like "push you limits", "there are no boundaries", "think big", etc.... And I feel like I've been daring to imagine more for a long time. I have definitely been imagining ways to allow me to travel more (e.g. volunteer trips, academic exchange year, my internship in Peru), and I already have plans to apply to do my master's degree in Europe once I complete my undergraduate degree.

But I would also like to imagine a world where there are no norms or no 'right' ways to do things, where you don't take no for an answer and where you follow your heart. A world where money is not always the bottom line, because oftentimes I feel as though that it the only thing people care about.

This week I dare you to imagine your life the way you want it to be, not the way you feel it should. I dare you to stand up and take a stand for something you believe in, or to imagine more out of a relationship that you have, or to try something completely new. Remember a few weeks ago I talked about stepping outside of your comfort zone? Allow your dreams to step outside of your comfort zone, and pretty soon your heart, mind, and body will follow.

Have a great week!
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment