Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dear 16-year-old me

Hello everyone,

I hope you have all been enjoying the sunshine and wonderful weather that we have had so far this summer :) Before you all head out to bask in the sun for hours, I think it would be worthwhile for you to watch this video:


Dear 16-year-old me talks about the risks of skin cancer and how to prevent it. It is a powerful way of telling the story, and so I would encourage you to share this with anyone you know who may be spending time in the sun.

For all of the International Developments students who are heading down south to Botswana, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Malawi, Peru, and Vietnam, this will be particularly important.

Have a great week and enjoy the summer warmth!
Sheila

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this video before and I definitely agree with you. It was on my mind for awhile after I watched it. Even though I'm probably the first person to go grab my bottle of sunscreen, this is still on my mind to be extra careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's a great video. I reposted it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found this video to be useful! It definitely is a helpful reminder (and a very real reminder) of the importance of wearing sunscreen!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete