Thursday, June 23, 2011

Field placement update: travel is booked!

Hello everyone!

This week I have received quite a bit of exciting news! My plane ticket to Peru has officially been booked; I received the e-ticket confirmation today!! :) Looks like I will be leaving on Wednesday, September 7th and returning on Saturday, April 21st. I am leaving a little bit earlier than anticipated (I was originally told in March that we would leave on September 12th, but then found out that our departure would be between September 6-10 - I was hoping for the 10th). I will be travelling to Europe this summer from August 10 - September 2 to visit my little sister, Rosalie, who is currently working as a tour guide at Vimy Ridge & Beaumont-Hamel, so I was hoping to have a few more days off in between arriving from Europe and departing for Peru. Oh well! I will be tired but it will be worth it.

The lucky thing in my situation though is that I will have time to come home to Ottawa before returning to Waterloo for the mandatory 2-week de-briefing period in April! The rest of my class returns from their field placements on Sunday, April 22nd, but since I am flying back from Peru on April 21st (one day before the others) I will be able to spend the weekend at home! I am so happy about this.

Here is my travel information in case you are interested (my full travel plans + itinerary can be found on the link titled 'Itinerary' located at the top of this page):

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011
Flying with Air Canada:
-Depart Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport at 14:00
-Arrive Toronto Pearson International Airport at 15:00
-Depart Toronto Pearson International Airport at 17:35
-Arrive Jorge Chavez International Airport, Lima, Peru at 00:25 on Thursday, September 8th, 2011

Saturday, April 21st, 2012
Flying with Air Canada:
-Depart Jorge Chavez International Airport, Lima, Peru at 01:55
-Arrive Toronto Pearson International Airport at 11:00
-Depart Toronto Pearson International Airport at 13:10
-Arrive Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport at 14:10

So for any of you who are interested in coming to meet me at the airport upon my return ... ;)

That is all for this week, I hope you are all enjoying the beginning of the summer!
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment