Thursday, March 31, 2011

The end of yet another semester

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. For those still in school, congratulations on almost being done another semester - one last push. As we come to the end of the month and of the Winter 2011 term, I think it's nice to look back on things that have been accomplished and new projects on the go.

March 2011 was an exciting month for me! First of all, I heard back from one of the scholarships that I'd applied for and found out that I have been chosen as a recipient! I am one of the proud winner of Export Development Canada's International Business scholarship for 2011, a value of $3,000! That will help me pay for a chunk of my field placement next year. I've also applied for quite a few more scholarships, and my cohort is currently brainstorming fundraising ideas that we will carry through and implement during the spring/summer semester, so stay tuned!

School has also been going very well - I only have one take-home exam and one final exam left before the end of the term, but classes are now done for me. It feels pretty good. Somehow throughout my university career I've managed to increase my average almost every semester, which is a good trend to continue I guess! I'm looking forward to the coming spring semester where I will have a much lighter course load (only 3 classes). This will give me more time to work as a first aid instructor (and I'm also looking for more part-time work). I will also be trip planning for the month of August, so exciting times are ahead!

I'll leave you here with the first (of many) new advertisements promoting tourism in Peru:


Feel free to leave me your comments and thoughts on their new branding! What do you think? Does it catch your eye? Don't forget to come back next week to see another one of their marketing posters!

Have a great week!

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment